Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Worth it...

So... I'm on my way home. Honestly, I enjoyed my time in BA. (playing with children, teaching university students, landscaping, and even some painting...quite an array of activities) However, from the first day I usually woke up to a new aliment.

Literally, my body seemed to be falling apart. My first morning, I awoke to a swelling in my nose which turned into and abscess and swelled a fourth of my face... and then it was on to a possible spider bite (still not sure). It started out as a little bite and gradually grew up to about 4in. in diameter. So with a swollen face and leg, I could be humored no more (I thought) until a car gently backed up over me as if to say "tag your it". So by the last day in hope of a bright beginning, I darted to the bathroom with a little help from "Montezuma". I could only laugh at myself, because this was the icing on the cake...(figuratively)

This is all to say that a little sickness adds flavor to life. Luckily, my taste buds are weird, so that I can dine at the table and enjoy. Through it all God was/is right with me...dining at the table... laughing...enjoying... satisfied...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, sorry to hear you have to head home early. Still praying for you and your team!

Anonymous said...

nice bite.